Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The month of MARCH

 Thomas has been with us for a few weeks now. He has come out of his shell and is turning into a very amazing young man. He loves to go to the park and loves to go out and play. I have had to up my caffeine intake to keep up with him. He goes and goes and doesn't slow down.

 
 
 
Thomas and I before church. The first time we went to church he ran around the building 3 times during sacrament (after I took him out for crawling underneath everyone's chairs and running down the hallway). As soon as I stepped out of the culture hall he took off running inside the building. Looking back to see if I was running after him (which I wasn't). He kept running and running as I took a seat on the couch. I could see that me sitting there not caring that he was being a "wild man" didn't make him stop so I hid and caught him and wouldn't let him go until he could calm himself. What in the world did I get myself into!! Aaaahhh!!

 
 
 
 
 
 MY LIFESAVER!!!
This behavior chart has been my ultimate lifesaver. I can't even explain how important it has been to help Thomas see what's expected of him. What's ok to do and what's absolutely NOT ok to do. He is very excited to start it and wants to start right away. So how it works:
* They receive 5 cards at the beginning of each day
* They get them taken away and given back for each good or bad act they do throughout the day.
* At the end of the day if they have all 5 cards on the chart they receive a sticker
* When they earn 10 stickers they receive a "prize"

This is the BEST way I have gotten Thomas to see that I'm serious (I always do what I say) and he NEEDS to listen to me. Nothing else was working but this little chart has been awesome. Plus I don't need to nag, if something's wrong he knows a card will be pulled.


One of the very few foods he actually eats! Banana's!
 
 
 This is where I found these two playing. It was so cute I couldn't even be mad at them. We did have a talk after words about how the dryer is NOT a safe place to play, luckily the talk stuck and they haven't played in there since.



Fishing! Clayton had a Saturday off (yay) and we invited our friends to join us. The kids caught 2 or 3 fish and the adults didn't catch any. They all had fun playing together and getting wet in the stream. I think it was Thomas's first time fishing because he was loving every second of it. Altho I was a little worried about him saying "lets hurt it" after Clayton caught the fish. Just a little creepy...





Fun times in our backyard with Jackson and Cade



 
 
It's Here!! Our baby girls headstone has arrived. It's so perfect and beautiful. I got these 2 little cuties to join me for a picture. I'm so happy to have a headstone to decorate instead of a patch of grass. Love seeing my babies memories live on. We visit it weekly.